October 5, 2008
Here is a roll call of the best of Jeffersonia for the month of September.
- Historic Scotchtowne disputes the legend of being Dolly Madison’s birth home. Click here
- TJ Apple of the Month: the Mighty Albemarle Pippin! Click here
- America’s first ice cream recipe. Go here
- Thomas Jefferson the comic book! Go here
- James Madison’s ‘little Monticello” gets a Monticello-like renovation. Click here
- John Adams wins an Emmy! Click here
- TJ is 3rd fastest President! Go here
- Clay Jenkinson is TJ on the Thomas Jefferson Hour. Go here Read the rest of this entry »
September 15, 2008
Good Neighbor Month, TJ doesn’t live there anymore but our 3rd President’s former residence is still pretty busy, thanks to the folks at the Thomas Jefferson Foundation. Here are some upcoming events I thought were worth a look.
September 16th: Tomorrow at 4 pm. A talk over at the Jefferson Library entitled “Rethinking Jefferson’s Statecraft”
September 17th: Jefferson and Wine Tours begin every Wednesday and Friday through October 17th. Go here for more info.
September 20th: Seed Saving Workshop at the Monticello Garden Shop’s temp. location next to the ticket office.
September 27th: Natural History Walk – what better way to spend a Saturday morning than a walk through the woods at Monticello mountain.
And don’t forget Good Neighbor Month is halfway over.