October 5, 2008
Here is a roll call of the best of Jeffersonia for the month of September.
- Historic Scotchtowne disputes the legend of being Dolly Madison’s birth home. Click here
- TJ Apple of the Month: the Mighty Albemarle Pippin! Click here
- America’s first ice cream recipe. Go here
- Thomas Jefferson the comic book! Go here
- James Madison’s ‘little Monticello” gets a Monticello-like renovation. Click here
- John Adams wins an Emmy! Click here
- TJ is 3rd fastest President! Go here
- Clay Jenkinson is TJ on the Thomas Jefferson Hour. Go here Read the rest of this entry »
August 26, 2008
Good news for local residents! Thomas Jefferson’s former estate, science lab, and ode to Palladian architecture is offering “Good Neighbor Month” with a $10 admission price for adults living in surrounding areas, including residents of Albemarle, Augusta, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson, and Orange counties and the cities of Charlottesville, Staunton, and Waynesboro. Wow, September must be a slow month!
You can also bring an out-of-town guest, and if you get them to pay full price, you get in free!
Go here to the source:Monticello.org