April 1, 2009
March was quite a month here at the Jeffersonia Blog. This month was all about the Benjamins, Washingtons, Lincolns, and, of course, Jeffersons. We even had some Madisons (and a Randolph, if you can believe it)!
Read the rest of this entry »
November 3, 2008
October was a great month here at Jeffersonia. We expreienced the first frost of the year here, the leaves begun dropping and we reached the modest milestone of welcoming our 750th guest! Here is a roll call of October’s best posts (IMHO):
- Pt. I of our series on Jefferson and Architecture. Click here.
- Rachel Levy at Monticello. Go here.
- Esopus Spitzenburg – Apple of the month! Click here.
- Madison is winning Founding Fathers Football. Go here.
- The 113th Anniversary of the UVA Rotunda fire. Click here.
- And last, but hardly least, I give you the cheapest war in American History. Go here for the frugal wartime goodness.
Photos used via Creative Commons License (c) Saquan Stimpson, cliff1066, foodista, and seier+seier+seier
October 5, 2008
Here is a roll call of the best of Jeffersonia for the month of September.
- Historic Scotchtowne disputes the legend of being Dolly Madison’s birth home. Click here
- TJ Apple of the Month: the Mighty Albemarle Pippin! Click here
- America’s first ice cream recipe. Go here
- Thomas Jefferson the comic book! Go here
- James Madison’s ‘little Monticello” gets a Monticello-like renovation. Click here
- John Adams wins an Emmy! Click here
- TJ is 3rd fastest President! Go here
- Clay Jenkinson is TJ on the Thomas Jefferson Hour. Go here Read the rest of this entry »