- We welcomed (though not in person, yet) the new Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center at Monticello. Click here to see a trailer for the new film on Thomas Jefferson. Click here to see a preview of the Griffin Discovery Center (which is part of the Visitor Center complex).
I ‘m not one to brag at every opportunity about this blog, but we did receive an invitation to attend a press-only preview of the Visitor Center before it opened (which unfortunately we were unable to attend – Jobs and stuff, you know). A hearty thank you to Erin Skinner for the invititation.
I can’t tell you how much we appreciate being recognized as a legitimate credible reasonable source of propoganda information by the good folks at Monticello. All I can say is …too legit to quit, baby! woohoo!
- In our ongoing Places named TJ/Jefferson series, we looked at that other Jefferson institution of higher learning, Thomas Jefferson University. Click here to enroll read all about it.
- TJ himself was spotted on his University’s campus. Click here to see the astounding photographic evidence.
- Jefferson’s architectural muse, Palladio, was the topic of dinner conversation over at Poplar Forest. Click here to hear about it (and while you’re at it, please pass the salt).
- Part IV of TJ’s favorite apples can be enjoyed here.
- And last but not least, I finally began the much-hyped John Adams miniseries – the verdict? So far, its worth the hype. Mini-review here.
Coming in May: Color the Pres contest, Vitruvian Man, and the famous Trumbull painting of the Declaration of Independence….